Toward a Comprehensive Understanding of Financial Ratios' Impact on Profitability: A Study of Cigarette Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (2015-2017)

Authors

  • Agung Zulfikri Universitas Telkom

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.58812/asemb.v1i1.4

Keywords:

Current Ratio (CR), Debt to Asset Ratio (DAR), Debt to Equity Ratio (DER), Profitability Cigarette Companies, Indonesia Stock Exchange

Abstract

This study aims to determine the extent of the influence of Current ratio (CR), Debt to asset ratio (DAR), and Debt to equity ratio (DER) on profitability. This research was conducted on cigarette companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange for the period 2015-2017. The sampling method used was purposive sampling method with a total sample of 4 observations. The data used is secondary data in the form of audited financial reports registered and published by the Indonesia Stock Exchange through the website www.idx.co.id. The analytical method used in this research is multiple linear regression analysis with the SPSS Statistics 24 tool. A descriptive statistical test is used to describe the data in the study, classical assumption test is used to test the existence of bias estimates. The results of this study indicate that DAR and DER have no effect on profitability while CR partially affect profitability. Simultaneous results, namely CR, DAR, and DER affect profitability. CR, DAR, and DER affect profitability by 0.541 or 54.1%, while the remaining 45.9% is influenced by other variables not examined.

References

Ali Al-Qudah, A., & Abdel Mohsen Al-Afeef, M. (2015). The Relationship between the Investment in Current Assets and Profitability & Liquidity. Journal of Finance and Investment Analysis, 4(4), 2241–0996.

Ari Purwanti, Rendy. C. E. Pesiwarissa, Siti Nuridah, Andika Isma, & Andri Ardiyansyah. (2023). Pengaruh Kualitas Sistem Akuntansi terhadap Pengendalian Internal dalam Rangka Pemasaran Berkelanjutan: Studi Kasus pada Industri Retail di Provinsi Jawa Barat. Jurnal Aktiva : Riset Akuntansi Dan Keuangan, 5(2), 68–80. https://doi.org/10.52005/aktiva.v5i2.186

Bina, F. S., Natalia, S. J., Marbun, R., & Sitorus, F. D. (2022). Pengaruh Current Ratio, Debt To Equity Ratio, Total Asset Turnover Dan Perputaran Kas Terhadap Profitabilitas Pada Perusahaan Industri Barang Konsumsi Yang Terdaftar Di Bei Tahun 2016-2019. Journal of Economic, Bussines and Accounting (COSTING), 5(2), 799–808. https://doi.org/10.31539/costing.v5i1.3342

Junaidi, & Muksal. (2021). Effect of Debt to Equity Ratio and Firm Size of Return on Assets on Manufacturing Company in Indonesia Stock Exchange. The Review of Finance and Banking, 13(2), 99–108. https://doi.org/10.24818/rfb.21.13.02.01

Rahmawati, Y., & Hadian, H. N. (2022). The influence of Debt Equity Ratio (DER), Earning Per Share (EPS), and Price Earning Ratio (PER) on stock price. International Journal of Financial, Accounting, and Management, 3(4), 289–300. https://doi.org/10.35912/ijfam.v3i4.225

Downloads

Published

2023-11-07

How to Cite

Zulfikri, A. (2023). Toward a Comprehensive Understanding of Financial Ratios’ Impact on Profitability: A Study of Cigarette Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (2015-2017). Eastasouth Proceeding of Economics and Business, 1(1), 28–35. https://doi.org/10.58812/asemb.v1i1.4